Even in Northern Michigan, Torch Lake stands out from the rest.
Even in Northern Michigan, a place full of gorgeous lakes, Torch Lake stands out from the rest. With its famous sandbars and its crystal-clear aquamarine waters reminiscent of the Caribbean, this glacier-carved paradise is a prime place to take your boat or jet-ski rental.
Aussie Watersports offers office pickup for jet ski and boat rentals for those looking to trailer them up to Torch Lake for a day of fun in the sun. And if people see your photos on Facebook and assume you’re catching some sun in the Caribbean, well, who are you to tell them otherwise? Book your rental today!
Did You Know?
- Various celebrities own vacation homes on Torch Lake. In fact, local legend has it that Kid Rock’s song “All Summer Long” references “splashing through the sandbar” at Torch.
- “Torch Lake” is a translation of its Ojibwe name. Many years ago, the tribe would light torches on the lake to attract fish.
- Fishing is popular here. You can catch trout, yellow perch, smallmouth bass, rock bass, muskellunge, pike, whitefish, and ciscoes.
- Torch Lake is part of the famous Chain of Lakes, which consists of 14 lakes and connecting rivers.
- It’s Michigan’s longest inland lake at 19 miles long and also its second-largest.
- Aussie Watersports offers pickup for jet ski rentals for those looking to trailer them up to Torch Lake for a day of fun in the sun.
Points of Interest
- Alden is a quaint little town on the southeast end of the lake and an ideal place to shop.
- The shallow sandbar at the south end is famous among boaters. People come from all over to anchor their boat or jet ski rental and enjoy a cool drink on a summer day.
- The Dockside is a relaxed waterfront restaurant on the eastern side that offers delicious American and Mexican fare.
- Fabiano’s is a dockside convenience store and pizza place serving up food, fuel, and friends at the mouth of Torch River.
- William K. Good Day Park, located on the northwest end of the lake, contains ample parking and is the perfect place to put your boat or jet ski rental in the water.
- The Township Dock in Alden Harbor can be found at the southeast end, just a few steps away from Alden’s many shops and restaurants.
- There’s also a DNR launch ramp on Torch River that feeds into the lake from the south, located just off Aarwood Trail.
Parks & Beaches
- William K. Good Day Park is not just a launch for boat and jet ski rentals; it’s also a picnic area, beach, and playground with restrooms, pavilions, and basketball courts.
- The Torch Lake Public Beach in Alden (where the Township Dock is located)
features a swimming area and picnic tables.