Lake Leelanau means “land of delight.”
Nestled in the midst of beautiful Northern Michigan sits the aptly named Lake Leelanau, meaning “land of delight.” With a wealth of options for recreational activities, Lake Leelanau is not only a perfect place to pontoon but also an ideal location for any boat rental. It’s easy to see why Lake Leelanau is considered a local gem and the pride of Northern Michigan. And with a boat rental from Aussie Watersports, you won’t miss a second of it.
Did You Know?
- Lake Leelanau is made up of 41 miles of picturesque coastline best viewed from a leisurely ride on a pontoon or other boat rental.
- Lake Leelanau consists of two lakes connected by a channel known as The Narrows.
- North Lake is half the area of South Lake but has almost the same volume. This is because North Lake is much deeper; South Lake has an average depth of 24 feet and a maximum depth of 62 feet, whereas North Lake has an average depth of 40 feet and a maximum depth of 121 feet.
Points of Interest
- Fountain Point Resort is a popular (and historic!) summer resort on the lakeshore just south of the bridge.
- Boathouse Winery is the perfect place to dock your boat rental and enjoy a glass of wine on the shores of The Narrows.
- Lake Leelanau RV Park is a family-owned and -operated lakeside campground that offers marine gas for all and slips for guests.
- Fishtown, a charming fishing village, is simply a boat ride away. Head down the Leland River from North Lake Leelanau, dock your boat rental in the Leland Harbor, and you’ll be right in the middle of some of the region’s best shops and restaurants.
Boat Launches, Parks & Beaches
- Nedow’s Bay Beach at Bartholomew Park (on the west shore of North Lake Leelanau) is a popular park, swimming area, and boat launch. It has grills, a fire pit, picnic tables, docks, and a lifeguard.
- Centerville Park (located on South Lake) offers, in addition to lake access, parking, and restroom facilities.
- Bingham Township Park is a beach on South Lake with picnic tables, grills, and restrooms that doubles as a place to launch your boat rental.
- Aussie Watersports delivers boat and jetski rentals directly to the boat launch at Bingham Township Park for easy access to Lake Leelanau.
- Schneider’s Beach on North Lake features a boat launch, a sandy beach, parking, and a picnic area with grills and a fire pit.